The Cameron County Indigent Health Program helps low-income Cameron County residents, who do not qualify for other state or federal healthcare programs, have access to health care services.
Benefits are limited to participating administrators who provide primary, preventative and some specialty services. Some of these services include:
· Medical screenings
· Annual physical examinations
· Inpatient and outpatient hospital visits
· Laboratory and radiology
Who is Eligible for Services?
The program is available to any who:
· Lives in Cameron County
· Has an income level at or below 21 percent of federal poverty Guidelines (https://aspe.hhs.gov/2020-poverty-guidelines)
· Has resources less than $2,000
· Is not eligible for Medicaid