Cameron County Court Residential Treatment Center
Cameron County C.R.T.C. embraces the Prison Rape Elimination Act and is making every effort to prevent, detect and respond to any / all instances of sexual abuse and sexual harassment in our facility.
RIGHT TO REPORT
If you, or someone you know, are experiencing sexual abuse or sexual harassment, Cameron/Willacy CRTC wants to know.
- We want you to report right away! Why?
- We want to keep YOU safe; it is our job! It is your right to be free from sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
- We want to conduct an investigation of the reported incident.
- We want to hold the perpetrator accountable for his/her actions. We want to provide YOU with relevant information and support services.
HOW TO REPORT
- Call our Director, Gene Loya at 956-546-4017.
- Report to any staff, volunteer, contractor, or medical or mental health staff.
- Submit a grievance or an ill-memo slip.
- Report to the PREA coordinator, Gene Loya or PREA Investigator, Gene Loya/Alfonso Gaucin.
- Tell a family member, friend, legal counsel, or anyone else outside the facility. They can report on your behalf by calling 956-546-4017.
- You also can submit a report on someone¡¦s behalf, or someone at the facility can report for you using the ways listed here.
VICTIM SUPPORT SERVICES
Court Residential Treatment Center
531 S. Iowa | Brownsville, Texas 78520
Gene Loya, Facility Director
Brochure for CRTC Staff, Volunteers & Contractors (Spanish)
PREA Poster – Zero Tolerance (Spanish)
Cameron County Final Audit Report
Prison Rape Elimination Act
The Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) was passed in 2003 with unanimous support from both parties in Congress. The purpose of the act was to “provide for the analysis of the incidence and effects of prison rape in Federal, State, and local institutions and to provide information, resources, recommendations and funding to protect individuals from prison rape.” (Prison Rape Elimination Act, 2003). In addition to creating a mandate for significant research from the Bureau of Justice Statistics and through the National Institute of Justice, funding through the Bureau of Justice Assistance and the National Institute of Corrections supported major efforts in many state correctional, juvenile detention, community corrections, and jail systems.
Copyright © 2019 Cameron County C.R.T.C. All Rights Reserved.
The information contained in this site was valid at the time posting. Cameron County C.R.T.C. assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. Moreover, Cameron County C.R.T.C. is not responsible for the content nor endorses any site which has a link on this page. For additional information lease review our Private Policy.