Jail Contact Information
You will need to download Adobe Reader to view the PDF pages, if you do not have it currently installed. NOTE: This site is currently under construction, but be sure to check back for the latest from Jail Division.
County Visitation Rules
Adult visitors are required to present a valid photo identification. (e.g., Texas Drivers License, Texas D.P.S. I.D., Passport, Military I.D., U.S. Immigration Visa/ Border Crossing Card or Matricula Consular)
All adult visitors (18 years old and older) are required to present a valid photo identification. (e.g., Texas Drivers License, Texas D.P.S. I.D., Passport, Military I.D., U.S. Immigration Visa/ Border Crossing Card or Matricula Consular)
Please note that visitation times are subject to change without notice.
- Inmates are responsible for filling out and handing the visitation list to jail division staff. If there is no visit list in the system a visit may be approved by the shift supervisors. You must show a photo ID to sign in for visit. Your name will be checked against the inmate’s visiting list.
- By registering to visit an inmate you are accepting to follow all rules and regulations set forth by the Cameron County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Staff will not allow you to visit unless you cooperate with all requirements. Failure to comply with any of the rules set forth or to follow staff orders will result in visit cancellation for up to 30 days or longer depending on the circumstances.
The following items are NOT allowed inside the visitation lobby area or the visitation area (s).
- Purses, wallets, bags, electronic devices,
- cell phones, recording devices, writing
- instruments, lighters,
- weapons, liquids, foods, etc.
Visitors are not allowed to bring any items when visiting an inmate except for car keys and/or ID cards
RULES OF VISITATION
- All visitors must be signed in 20 minutes before visitation begins but in no case more than one (1) hour before visit begins.
- Late visitors will not be permitted to go into visitation
- Visitors must be on the inmate’s visitation list in order to visit.
- Combinations of five (5) adult people are allowed to visit per visit day.Only two (2) children (16 years old and younger) may accompany any one adult at a time.
- ALL children must be kept quiet and under the supervision of the adult(s).No running is allowed.
If any child is excessively noisy or unruly, the visit will be cancelled or terminated early for that family member for that day.
- ALL visitors must follow ALL visitation RULES and be dressed appropriately. NO miniskirts, tank tops, transparent or provocative, revealing, backless, strapless, sleeveless, low cut, wide-necked clothing will be permitted in the facility.
- No clothing displaying obscene or offensive language, drawings or gang affiliation.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses must be at least two (2) inches under the knee in a normal standing position.
- No spandex, tights or leggings without shorts, skirts or dresses.
The Sheriff’s Office and/or his designee reserves the right to deny any visit when there is reason to believe that the visit is not in the best interest of the safety and security of the facility
All incoming mail will be inspected for contraband.
The following items will be returned to sender
- Stained with powder, perfume, glue or glitter
- Envelopes with staples, clips, tape or stickers
- Note pads, paper, envelopes, pencils, pens or stamps
- Greeting cards larger than 5″ by 7″
- Any material printed of the internet
BOOKS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
All books and subscriptions must be soft backed and come directly from a publisher or book store. No hardback books or books containing staples will be accepted. Books and subscriptions must be paid for in advance and can not contain any nudity, profanity or advocate violence/hatred toward any individual, organization, religion or nation. Books and subscriptions cannot contain instructions for the manufacturing of explosives, weapons, drugs, drug paraphernalia, alcoholic beverages, escape(s) paraphernalia, or to affect and/or facilitate an escape.
Inmates are allowed to have up to three (3) pictures in their possession at any one time. Other pictures will be placed in inmate’s property and returned to inmate when released or inmate may mail to family. Pictures should have no nudity or sexually explicit material.
Money Inmate Trust Funds
Money that the inmate had with him at the time they were booked will be deposited into the inmate’s trust fund. During the inmates confinement they will be allowed to purchase commissary.
Money that the inmate had with him at the time they were booked will be deposited into the inmate’s trust fund. During the inmates confinement they will be allowed to purchase commissary (Aramark Commissary). The cost of the purchases will be deducted from the inmate’s trust fund. When they are released from custody or transferred to another institution, the balance of the account will be returned to them. While they are in Jail, money may be deposited into the inmates account by family or friends. Inmates are not allowed to transfer funds to another inmate’s account. Inmates are not allowed to have cash, checks or money orders on their person or in their possession. Inmates may release money to their family, attorney or bond’s person. However, approval must be obtained from the Shift Supervisor.
ONLY money orders or certified checks will be accepted through the mail. No cash will be accepted and will be returned to sender. All money orders or certified checks need to be mailed to the address below and made payable to the inmate.
CAMERON COUNTY JAIL DIVISION
CO Inmate Trust Fund
Inmate Name/Inmate ID #
P.O. Box 1539 Olmito. TX 78575
Property Pick-Up Schedule
Family members may pick up inmates clothing on Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Inmates being released from Carrizales will receive their property only if released before 5:00 p.m.
Family members may pick up inmates clothing:
On Monday, Tuesday and Friday Only from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Inmates being released from Carrizales will receive their property only if released before 5:00 p.m. .. All others will have to come back the next business day.
Inmates leaving to other counties:
Property and monies will be given to the transporting agency for safe keeping.
For inmates that have left to T.D.C. family members have 30 days from the date of the inmates release. Pick up for these inmate’s property is:
ONLY Monday thru Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Other arrangements will have to be scheduled in advance. Please contact any Lieutenant on duty from Monday thru Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm.
No medical information on any inmate will be given to any family member for security reasons. Prescribed medicine may be brought to inmates but has to be approved by our medical department.
- No medical information on any inmate will be given to any family member for security reasons
- Prescribed medicine may be brought to inmates but has to be approved by our medical department
- No phone calls made by family members shall be transferred to the medical department