MARRIAGE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
1. There is a 72 hour waiting period immediately following the date and time the license is issued.
2. The marriage license expires at the end of the 90th day from the date and time the marriage license was issued.
3. Fee: $82.00 (without taking the certified Twogether in Texas premarital course) $22.00 with the Twogether in Texas Certificate $182 for Non-Texas Resident Marriage License(only applies if both applicants are Non-Texas Residents)
4. If you wish to take a Twogether in Texas certified premarital course, you will need to contact 211 for available classes in your area or click on the link provided (https://twogetherintexas.com/UI/HomePage.aspx)
5. If you have taken a Twogether in Texas certified premarital course, please present the certification and we will waive $60.00 of the total cost of the license and waive the 72 hour waiting period.
6. The following documents will be accepted for proof of identity and age:
(One of the following must be provided)
· Birth Certificate (from any country)
· Certificate of Naturalization
· Certificate of Citizenship
· Driver’s license
· State ID- from any state (government issued only).
· Military ID.
· Passport -A current U.S. or foreign country passport.
· Resident Alien Card.
· Border Crossing Card.
· A current consular document issued by the state or national government will be accepted only for Marriage License applications (Matricula Consular-only accepted for Marriage License applicants).
Names on the Marriage License will reflect names as they appear on the ID’s.
The County Clerk’s office cannot change the name or spelling of name on an ID.
Please note – Documents provided must be certified copies of the original documents.
We will not accept mutilated copies or documents that appear to be tampered with.
Social Security number required.
7. Minor applicants:
New legislative changes to Section 2.0009 of the Texas Family Code have affected requirements for Minor applicants so that a county clerk may not issue a license if either applicant is under 18 years of age and has not presented a court order granted by this state under TFC Chapter 31 removing the disabilities of minority of the applicant for general purpose; or, if the applicant is a nonresident minor, a certified copy of an order removing the disabilities of minority of the applicant, for general purposes filed with this state under TFC§ 31.007.
8. Divorced Applicants:
· There is a 30 day waiting period immediately following the date the divorce was granted if divorced in Texas.
· If a judge has waived the 30 day waiting period, the court order must be presented to comply with the 30 day requirement.
· You may apply for the license on the 31st day after the divorce is granted and a 72 hour waiting period applies. Former spouses may marry each other at any time.
In accordance with Chapter 2, of the Texas Family Code
Marriage Licenses e-Form: https://camerontx.eforms.kofile.com/48061/mlformal/
Informal Marriage e-Form: https://camerontx.eforms.kofile.com/48061/mlinformal/
PERSONS AUTHORIZED TO CONDUCT CEREMONY
House Bill 869, Section 2.006 & 2.007 Absent Applicant Affidavit
All applicants must be present for the ceremony unless: (a) the absent applicant is a member of the armed forces of the United States stationed in another country in support of combat or another military operation; and unable to attend the ceremony. All other applicants will have to be present for the ceremony.
INFORMAL MARRIAGE APPLICATION:
- Both applicants must appear before the County Clerk.
- Proof of identity and age
- Valid TX Id with same address.
CERTIFIED COPIES OF MARRIAGE LICENSE:
The cost per copy is $21.00. You may request a copy in person or by mail. If requesting by mail, please use two separate checks or money orders (one for the copy and one for the search) and allow 5 to 10 days to receive your copy.
CERTIFIED COPY OF MARRIAGE RECORD REQUEST
(Copia Certificada de licencia de matrimonio)
For more information please call (956) 544-0817 during regular business hours.